Sunday, April 15, 2012

Google Reader

In the class, Video and Telecommunications, I was asked to create a Google Reader account.  I was not sure if I would use it, but I am already amazed at what it hand selects for me to read each day.  I am an elementary school teacher who has really fallen in love with using a SMART Board.   I received one almost two years ago now and each day I am surprised at what new things I can do.  Through various blogs and news articles found on Google Reader, I am learning new and interesting ways to use my board with my students.  I hope to continue to learn more.

Here are some of the helpful things about my SMART Board that I have found using Google Reader:

Teachers Love SMART Boards - This blog discusses the many reasons why a SMART Board is so intriguing for so many teachers and students.  It even lists free programs to use in conjunction with the board such as JigZone which I am planning on trying out soon.

Getting Smart - This blog is a forum for people to share the applications a SMART Board can be used for.  It even includes the SMART Math Tools which I just began using this year.

Free Technology for Teachers - This blog has such a wealth of information, I don't know where to start.  It links you to free websites to use in classrooms, as well as online tutorials.  So many teachers could benefit from keeping up with this blog.

Feel free to share more tools with me!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,

    I also liked your classroom blog very much. I use the Smartboard just about everyday in my elementary classroom too. I did check out the 'Teachers Love SMART Boards' and 'Getting Smart' feed and I subscribed to them on my Google Reader account. They will be very helpful when using this tool into the classroom. I just got the new Smartboard Response System, and im sure I can find some information on how I can apply this technology into my classroom.

    If you are interested in other strategies of teaching using Web 2.0 Technologies, I created a blog roll on my blogger so you can either view or even subscribe to them.

    Enjoy,
    T. Quinn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments Tim and Linda. My class blog really went well this year. I am already filled up with ideas on how to get the students even more involved with it next year.

    Tim, I too just got the Smart Response System. What do you use it for? I have played around with it by doing just a few questions with my class, but I have yet to do a full lesson with it. I find it a little cumbersome to set up but hopefully that will get easier as I use it more.

    ReplyDelete